Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Trading Book Performance - Cup Half Full/Half Empty

Feeling sad.. ending the month with quite a severe loss.. I gave up about 1/3 gains in Jan.. (my first month). Honestly.. not losing money is a great thing and I actually reach where I would like my dividend gain to be this year without collecting any dividend yet.. 

I started to follow meme stocks.. and got a little over my head.. while I collected some decent gains.. I ended up in red for all my meme stocks. 

This actually teaches me a lesson not to be too greedy and stick to the plan.. "be cautious when you're getting greedy" is really well said. 

However, it still hurts seeing my performance dipped from ROR 59% to ~36%... but I'll trust the process.. and hopefully, maybe reach SGD12k by end of the year seems to be an achievable target.. this is my bottom line.. and hoping that with this.. I can be more satisfied with myself.. currently, I'm sitting at ~SGD3k up. 

I foresee the start of Feb to be a tough month with meme stocks still being in the focus.. I might continue to follow some of the lower-risk ones that are not overdriven yet. But this also negatively impacts my medium-term trading & investment book since meme stocks actually feel like an asset class by itself and are negatively correlated to most stocks.

What's your take on this meme stock rush.. and how has your portfolio been performing? But I also see this as a bargain sale to buy some of the more solid names as they continue to dip. 

Tiger Broker Jan 2021

I've been putting some part of my salary into Tiger Broker on a monthly basis.. As I've only recently started trading.. my trading book is really much smaller than my investment portfolio.. I plan to put all my investment funds into Tiger this year.. and diversify out of my Singapore Investment. 

I just need to make sure there's a way for me to separate my medium-term to my long-term positions.

How was your Jan if you're in the stock market? Hopefully, I can have a similar performance for Feb and bring this to a good year.


Cheers~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monthly Expense: 2021 February

Another month, another tracking.. 1/6 there to annual budget report. Exciting to fill up my tracker up tbh.. hope I'm not the only weird...