Sunday, February 28, 2021

Trading Book Performance - Feb 2021 - Chaotic Market

The market has been thrown into a big turbinal due to rates move (interest rate movement) on the back of reflation concern. In very layman's terms, the world's interest rate (America) is increasing on the back of the economy reopening and thus interest rate has been shooting up higher and higher every day over the past week. This raised concern that growth stocks or US equities might have overrun thus a bubble that caused the big retracement. 

Personally, I also got hit quite badly and if the equities market doesn't recover, it might just undo my Feb gains. You can look at the figures below where I am only sitting around 700USD gains. I've also taken a few fallen knives. 



However, I am still very bullish on the US equities market but I am not keen to add any more at discount due to my margin requirement. Honestly, I am very risk-averse as I've made quite a fair bit of money (more than what I expected).

I expect this hike in rates won't be sustainable and also money will flow back into equities eventually. The central banks across the globe are also putting in efforts to keep the rates low.. so this might help too. Generally, I feel that the economy is too bullish in its recovery. 

Let's see how next month will go. I'm currently heavy on options.. hopefully, the market will recover. 

How are all your portfolio doing?

Cheers to month-end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monthly Expense: 2021 February

Another month, another tracking.. 1/6 there to annual budget report. Exciting to fill up my tracker up tbh.. hope I'm not the only weird...